Silver Oak is Touring the Country

From the Tower Tour website

Silver Oak, one of the most popular California wineries, is celebrating 40 great years of "life as a Cabernet" this year! In honor of their anniversary, they are touring the country with the Silver Oak Tower in tow. Calling it the Tower Tour 2012, the Silver Oak team including David Duncan, President & CEO, are winding their way from California to the east coast and back!


We visited the Oakville location while vacationing in Napa last year and I have previously sold Silver Oak while working in the wine retail industry. Needless to say when I heard of the tasting right here in DC, I just had to make time to go. Calvert Woodley hosted the FREE tasting of 4 wines: Twomey Sauvignon Blanc, Twomey Pinot Noir, Napa Cabernet 2005, Napa Cabernet 2007.

People flooded the wine section, anxiously holding out their empty cups, waiting for another pour. David Duncan was signing bottles for those who purchased and the ladies pouring the wine a great job handling the mass of winos.


All the wines were outstanding but I knew that going into the tasting. My favorites were the two Cabernets. During the tasting, David explained that the 2007 vintage was one of the best they've seen in CA so far this century! Only releasing bottles after 5 years, this is their newest release.

After tasting the lineup, I just had to buy a bottle and have David sign it. Those kinds of opportunities don't happen often and despite the prices (even on sale) being a lot more than I usually spend, I knew it was worth it. I walked out with a bottle of the 2007 Napa Valley Cabernet personally signed by the CEO himself!

I'm holding on to this one, for multiple reasons. It will age perfectly and it's my one and only personally signed bottle!

I wish them all the best with their continued tour and I highly suggest visiting them either in CA or on their Tower Tour.

Cheers and "Life IS a Cabernet",

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment