Top 5 Wine Bars for Date Night
For the Foodie Wino
1. Proof - It's no secret that Proof is a fabulous date night spot. Elegant decor, amazing food and wine menu and great service make for a really nice evening out. Select a bottle of wine from their large selection and enjoy conversation over one of the numerous dinner entree options. Entrees include Cassoulet of crispy duck, lamb loin, Pekin duck, and more! It's a great place to bring a wino who really enjoys food as well.
For the "Let's Try Something New" Wino
2. Ripple - For the wino is a little more adventurous, Ripple is a great option for date night. The wine list is pages long, a lot of the wines are lesser known, so it's the perfect opportunity to try something new! The menu also allows you to explore food items that you do not find anywhere else. They focus on local, seasonal ingredients. Ripple is a great spot to bring a wino who is looking to expand their horizons.
For the Quiet Date Night Wino
3. Veritas - Quiet, cozy and a great wine selection, Veritas has over 70 wines by the glass. There's something for everyone here. Nibble on some great cheese plates or chocolates. They do not have a full dinner menu so this makes the list for a quiet date night. Veritas is a fantastic place to bring a wino who you want to sit and talk to over wine instead of shoving your face with a 3 course dinner.
For the "Have you Been There Yet?" Wino
4. Slate - One of the newest DC wine bars, Slate is an up and coming star! A great wine selection, impeccable service and fresh, new food items puts Slate on the map. Sit at the bar or at a cozy table for 2, you can enjoy dinner and wines from all over the world. If you haven't been yet, what are you waiting for?
For the Casual & Fun Wino
5. Screwtop - If you want to take your date to a more casual, yet fun wine bar, Screwtop is the best option! The wine list and menu have funky titles like "Ménage a Fromage" for the French cheese plate or "My Pinot is Bigger than Yours" for the Pinot Noir selection. This is a fun-loving, hip wine bar in Clarendon and a great option for those winos that aren't so pretentious. (It's a retail store too so you can finish your date night at home with your favorite bottle ;) )