A Great Patio Rosé

The weather this past weekend was superb. 70's and sunny and surprisingly I had zero plans. I ended up spending a few hours on the back porch with my iPad, scrolling through social media and discussing the joining of a country club with the fiancé (who are we??). Of course, I was enjoying a simple, fresh bottle of rosé. I picked up this bottle from Weygandt Wines in Cleveland Park last week where they were unloading cases of rosé as I walked in. I just had to grab a bottle. With so many to pick from, I chose this Loire region rosé, Château de la Bonnelière Chinon Rive Gauche 2011.

This rosé is 100% Cabernet Franc from the Loire region in France. Peach in color with fresh strawberry and mineral notes on the nose. This wine is very clear, with subtle floral tones; clean, fresh and bright with red fruit palate; very light body with a medium finish; pairs well with shellfish, light appetizers or a patio!

Rosé, along with many other light whites, are the perfect choice for a sunny afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment