Picnic Basket, Wine and a Blanket

Simple, yet always fun.

Packing a picnic and bringing the dog and the boy along is one of my ideal Spring afternoons. It's something we like to do on occasion when the weather is nice. After moving out to the burbs, we had to find a new picnic location close-by. We found a great park only a few miles from our home. Although, my first choice is always visiting a local winery to picnic but we wanted to stay closer to home.

I came up with a list of things to bring:

  • Chicken salad sandwiches
  • Deviled eggs
  • Veggies and Dip
  • Cheese, crackers and fig spread
  • Knife with plenty of paper towels, including wet ones
  • WINE (duh!)

I made the salad and eggs from scratch which kept me busy most of the morning. Here's how I made the chicken salad:


2 Chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
1/2 c Mayo
2 stalks of celery, diced
1/2 Green Pepper, diced
1/4 Red Onion, diced
Salt & Pepper

Combine. Let sit covered in fridge for half hour. Assemble on your choice of bread. I used kaiser rolls. Top with fresh spinach and tomatoes. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap.






We loaded up everything in the cooler, grabbed a nice bottle of French white and dare I say, plastic cups and we were headed on our way! Knowing the sun would be shining and temps would rise into the 70s, I selected a crisp white wine to enjoy with our lunch. Nothing like sippin' on something cool and refreshing when the temps rise!

Picnics are great for a date idea in the springtime. Pack some goodies, take the dog along and maybe even picnic at a local winery!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment