COMPLETE Career Change

Scary, I know! I've worked the standard 9-5 business jobs ranging from banking, insurance, and accounting ever since high school. Even while in high school, I worked part time for a CPA. So needless to say, these dead end office jobs have taken a toll on me.  My first and foremost passion in life is food and wine. I got started back in 07 working part time for Barrel Thief as a sales associate and server.  I had little to no wine knowledge other than Franzia and I was NOT the red wine drinker I am today. Ever since that job, I've gravitated back to wine as a passion and possible career one day.

Sadly, I never took the leap because accounting was a good paying job and there are plenty of jobs to go around. Now 3 years later, I have my shot! I just took an opportunity to run my own store!  I will be the Operations/Store Manager for two wine shops. One is in Reston Town Center and the other in Great Falls. My main focus is the Reston shop, Market Cellars. I will do everything from accounting/finance to marketing to event planning to retail sales.  My dream job is to own my own shop one day and this is perfect experience to see if I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur.


So far, I've already set up some social media sites for Market Cellars. We are on Twitter and Facebook. where I will be posting upcoming events and tastings. Please feel free to stop by the store(s) and check it out. I also appreciate all the support I am receiving from my friends and family. It's going to be a fun ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment