Bourbon Steak Pulls Out All the Stops

I couldn't tell you how long I've been wanting to try Bourbon Steak in the Georgetown Four Seasons Hotel. Maybe it's because of the rave reviews or that they are very active on Twitter. I'm a big Tweeter and love to talk with celebrity chefs, restaurants and fellow bloggers so ones that respond to tweets and have a big presence...those are the places I tend to try before others. Oh and did I mention I know the Wine Director, Julian?! Regardless, this past weekend was my 2 year anniversary with Bryan and he knew how bad I've wanted to go. He made reservations and I was ecstatic all week.

The reservation wasn't until 7:15pm so we went a little early to enjoy a cocktail off their new cocktail list and also to devour the trio of duck fat fries. The new cocktail list is very admirable with uncommon concoctions galore.  The lounge itself was a nice place to enjoy a few in an intimate setting where we could actually hear each other talk unlike most happy hours we've been to.

Well now on to the good part: Dinner! We had a small table for two by the window with views of all the action in the kitchen. Kudos to them for realizing it was a special occasion. There was a card placed on the table, which read "Happy Birthday". Ahh it's ok, celebratory evening regardless :)

We were greeted with glasses of champagne to toast to our happy 2 years. Of course, my eyes went directly to the wine "book" before the food menu. Page after page, the wine selection was broad yet extensive. After perusing through the many choices, I decided on a bottle of Clos du Mont-Olivet Chateauneuf du Pape 2008. If you've ever read any of my previous posts, you know how much I enjoy CdP! This CdP was one of the best I've had to date. It had all the attributes that most CdP's have; smooth, earthy and soft tannins. It was easily drank on its own and there wasn't too much left at the end of our meal.



After I decided on a bottle, then it was time to look at the menu. Before we placed our order, we got more duck fat fries! We both decided on a steak...when in Rome, right?! It is called Bourbon Steak afterall.  I go the 8oz filet and he got the Wagyu beef. Also, we ordered black truffle mac n cheese, the decadent rolls, and split a wedge salad. Needless to say, our table was full of amazing food and plenty of wine.



Nothing could beat our steaks though. Definitely one of the best prepared steaks I've had and it looked so elegant and tender on the plate without even cutting it! Of course, we both cleaned our plates along with the sides!


Julian suggested we try a Super Tuscan red wine to go with our steaks and it paired perfectly! Guess that's why they pay him the big bucks :)

So if we weren't full enough, they surprised us again with complimentary dessert which was a yummy peanut butter cookie with a candle and scripted "Happy Birthday". Still, such a surprise and of course we shared. They also threw in their new dessert labeled 'french toast' which were bite size french toast bites with kiwi. It was actually very good! Compliments!



Needless to say, I'm dying to go back again. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and have already talked about coming back to the lounge. The outside area with the fire pit is perfect for this time of year when it's still cool at night.

So, Bourbon Steak, we hope to see you again soon. Thanks for everything you did to make our night special.

Cheers,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment